Bures Music Festival donates its surplus funds to local groups and charities, as it has done since the first BMF in 1997. In fact, throughout our 20-year history, we have now donated over £200,000 to charities in Suffolk and Essex, including St Nicholas Hospice in Bury St Edmunds, St Helena Hospice in Colchester, Ferriers Barn in Bures, as well as a host of organisations in and around the locality. Our donations have funded special projects, provided additional facilities or given a much-needed cash injection to small clubs. Find out more about the charities that have benefited from a Bures Music Festival donation below.
Are you a local charity or group that would like to apply for a cash boost from Bures Music Festival? If so, you can apply for a grant from August 2016.
Bures Music Festival donated a grand total of £14,196 to the following charities, clubs and groups in Suffolk and Essex in 2015.
- Macmillan (The Eight Bells Macmillan Coffee Morning) £100
- 1st Bures Scouts and Guides £250
- Bures Community Centre £306
- Bures Common Trust £500
- Bures Cricket Club £500
- St Mary’s Church, Bures £500
- Dream Appeal for the Children’s Ward (Colchester General Hospital) £750
- Bures Community Centre £800
- Noah’s Ark Nursery Group £990
- Team Tree, Bures £1,000
- St Helena Hospice, Colchester £1,250
- St Nicholas Hospice, Bury St Edmunds £1,250
- Bures Sportsground £1,500
- Bures United Football Club £2,000
- Ferriers Barn £2,500