Bures Music Festival is the East Anglian summer event of the year for music lovers of all ages and tastes.
This unique festival, based in Suffolk, supports a multitude of musical genres from jazz to blues, rock to pop, plus a popular choral night. We’re delighted to welcome internationally known bands and musicians to our stage, but we’re also proud supporters of emerging acts and local talent. Bures Music Festival even runs its own young musicians’ competition – the ever popular B-Fest – open to musicians between 9 and 19 years old.
Now in its 26th year, Bures Music Festival has grown to become one of the most diverse and exciting events of the region. Since its beginnings as ‘Jazz by the Stour’ in 1997, the festival has hosted some of the biggest names in the business. Nestled by the River Stour, the festival is held in the heart of the picturesque village of Bures, on the Suffolk/Essex border.
- While it evolves every year, Bures Music Festival prides itself on its community values – reflected in its low ticket prices and its ongoing pledge of support to local charities. So far, Bures Music Festival has raised over £225,000 for some wonderful causes such as the Dream Appeal at Colchester General Hospital, Ferriers Barn day centre, St Helena Hospice in Colchester and St Nicholas Hospice Care in Bury St Edmunds.
- Outdoor festival with all weather shelter including the main stage.
- Campsite and free car parking available on the field adjacent to the festival site.
- A licensed bar and refreshments are available at all Big Top events.
- Lots of food stalls catering for all tastes and dietary requirements.
- Only food and drink purchased onsite may be consumed – no picnics allowed in the main arena.
- No alcohol to be brought into the main arena at any time.
- No cans, bottles or glass are allowed inside the festival.
Tickets and Information
Online tickets are on the website ‘TICKETS’ page here.
Tickets and more information also available in Bures from the Post Office.
Like us on Facebook for a chance to win tickets www.facebook.com/buresmusicfestival